This is the only picture I managed on the whole trip - a picture of ice crystals on the plane window somewhere over Texas.
3. The one nice thing about my husband being gone is that I feel more inclined to make things for dinner that I wouldn't typically make if he were home. Honestly, I wouldn't make much of a dinner at all if I were by myself but that's a different story....For example, he doesn't like soup. It's just not "substantial" enough for him, so I don't make soup very often. But tonight I'm going to try making lentil soup for dinner. It feels humble enough for a meatless Friday meal in Lent, so I'm going to give it a shot. I haven't picked a recipe yet, but this Iraqi version looks good and so does this Barefoot Contessa recipe.
4. I've been feeling a little stressed about baby/pregnancy stuff lately. A woman I volunteer with has a friend who is twelve weeks pregnant and she was telling me that she's reading, Baby Wise, a book on infant sleep. Guys. I'm almost 25 weeks pregnant and I've only read books on pregnancy. I haven't even started thinking of books beyond that. Even when it comes to pregnancy books I haven't read as many as I would have expected at this point. I can't explain it, but my motivation to read has been minimal since I've been pregnant (and I usually love reading!).
5. I feel like I have so much to do, but somehow I live in this time-warp and only a handful of things get done around here. I don't know what it is, but I don't seem to get as much done as I used to (which I should probably get used to) and it's frustrating at times. I have a list of things I'd like to get done, but it just doesn't get done.
6. Now that I have that off my chest...here is a cute picture of Mokey and Fiona from earlier this week. I just love how relaxed they are around each other. You would never guess that Mokey, the older gray cat, despised Fiona when we first brought her home.
7. I saw this video at work yesterday and I just have to share it.
For more Quick Takes.