2. Speaking of Pinterest, I really didn't miss it. I used to check it every day and honestly it was just an easy way to waste even more time online. I like finding random things that I never would have seen otherwise, but I never do or try any of the things I see. But maybe that's just me.
3. Wednesday marked the first day that I've had the house all to myself. It was amazing. And it's gonna stay like that, which is even better.
4. So this is how the cats convince me to let them stay out at night:
Of course, I fall for it every time, and every time Mokey (the one of the left) wakes me up at the most bizarre times by pawing at the blanket, sniffing my face, and pacing the room. So, in to the
chokey kennel he goes until morning.
5. Our citrus trees didn't produce much this year, but our generous next door neighbor has kindly been keeping up stocked with local oranges, satsumas, and grapefruit.
6. There's something about this angle of photo that makes me look much more pregnant then I really am. It looks like I can barely see my feet. But I'm just shy of 19 weeks here (18w6d) and I'm not any bigger then average. Oh, and notice the sun! Yesterday was our first beautiful sunny day in a long time.
7. Yesterday we got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time. It was beautiful and touching. And with it came a sense of relief. The day before I had had some spotting, which combined with the fact that I haven't felt the baby move made the midwife concerned. It was wonderful to hear his or her heartbeat and know that everything was fine.
Don't forget to join Jen for more Quick Takes!